Toxic River Unban

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR
Status
Not open for further replies.
Your in-game roleplay name: Toxic River

Your SteamID: STEAM_0:0:205376238

Your Steam profile url: https://steamcommunity.com/id/Vectivuss/

Why were you banned? Exploitation

Who banned you? Sai

Ban length? I'm assuming it was perm, but in the banS message it didn't provide any information surrounding it

Why should we unban you? I will admit that i did go looking for exploits and i successfully found lots on the server however it wasn't for anything miscellaneous infact it was to better the server. How it was helping? I was essentially letting puma and richard know that certain addons were exploitable, I've sent all exploits that i know of to richard and puma which they've looked into.

Evidence of innocence: Honestly i can't prove that i didn't execute any of the exploit ( i didn't run any ) however i can provide all evidence of me sending the exploits to richard and puma. I feel like this was a misunderstanding but hopefully you understand my reasons for doing this. I love capital community, i've got over 100hrs on here it wouldn't make sense of me to just destroy the server.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

Sai

CC Staff
Manager
You say "I love capital community", then why the complete total disregard for any consequences for the exploits You and your friend found, some examples but not limited to:
Crashing the server due to spawning lots of brooms
Changing everyone that was on the server at the time to obscenities (Mine was the I love the uncensored N-word)
Trying to frame the second exploit on a fellow player of the community (Who mind you, they were being framed on a revenge basis)
Being complicit in trying to get another player perma-banned on revenge
More recently, spawning brooms again after already having crashed the server once with them (And then flying around the school on them)
Dismissing 5+ classes in a row with custom messages that completely break RP

At this point you've also admitted to AFK Macroing both while at your computer and not at your computer. And you've also stated that your friend is your Developer, so therefore anything either of you has access to the other does too, and you've both admitted to intentionally breaking down the code to further exploit.

Had the stars not aligned with everything happening as it did, we would still be in the dark as to how much involvement you had with your friend Exploiting.

And sure, the point you've made before as to that you shouldn't be responsible for what your friend does, but if you really Loved the community, you would not have let some if ANY of these things to happen. But your reasoning for being a "bystander" is that and I quote "Oh I know my friend too well, I can't stop him". But there were actions other than trying to stop your friend that you could have taken, but chose not to.

My final point is on you saying "i've got over 100hrs on here it wouldn't make sense of me to just destroy the server", but that might as well say "I've got over 100hrs on here, but I didn't bother to try to get my friend to stop destroying the server". You had ample time to do things, but chose to do nothing.

Last edited:
I have already explained multiple times that yes i found the exploits with Nemo but have never once used them. The ones that i new of were sent straight away to Richard and puma, I have spoken to Richard about the matter on how i should have sent the exploits to him in a better format. Taking about this "Crashing the server due to spawning lots of brooms" i was never on the server when this happened and what you've listed in this thread is essentially everything Nemo done with said exploits, Again i've never used them only sent them to Puma and Richard.

Now you've completely changed the topic from me "Exploiting" the server to now AFKing on the server. And yes say what you will about afking i was warned on the old server. For afking now on the present server i've been afk at my desk which i've already explained while in the voice call with you and the others. Now if there are rules about being somewhat afk while actually on your computer i would understand that however nobody has brought this up until now.

We've answered this question before about how it's my "responsibility" to stop Nemo from using said exploits. This to me is a stupid reason as i don't control what someone else does. If they chose to do it then it's on them.

Yes i've got 100 hours on the server, and i've tried other ways to try help the server out to the best of my ability. I've provided Richard and puma some of my own addons which i no longer require which i hope do benefit the server if they so choose to use them.

Also bringing up "AFK macros" to an appeal about "Exploiting" is completely unrelated to the matter, it seems like you've got something against me.

♛ 𝕋𝕠𝕜𝕤𝕚𝕜 ♛

Server Manager
CC Staff
Manager
I’m just going to start off by saying that I don't mind you trying to help us with finding exploits; I would just rather players don’t actively try to go looking for them and utilize them or share them with your friends. Maybe on the test server with Puma if he allows it, but I would rather it not happen in the public. I don’t doubt your love for CC; it’s just a little hard for me to believe your intentions might or might not be good all of the time. Yes; for all I know they could be good, but due to some recent events on the server regarding your friend...I’m in limbo. No I’m not going to blame you for the things he did, but I will say that I would’ve liked for you to have told us about him the first time we encountered him on the server so this all could’ve been avoided. That all being said, I'm going to move on to some points I’ve put together.

• Now you've completely changed the topic from me "Exploiting" the server to now AFKing on the server. And yes say what you will about afking i was warned on the old server. For afking now on the present server i've been afk at my desk which i've already explained while in the voice call with you and the others.
    Also bringing up "AFK macros" to an appeal about "Exploiting" is completely unrelated to the matter, it seems like you've got something against me.
    • Regarding the afk macro, when you do actively use a macro you do exploit the AFK/XP system and you’re giving yourself an advantage. I do have a screenshot of you confessing that you did in fact set up a macro and you were “hidden farming xp”. You’ve told us that you never used it and sat AFK at your desk watching Netflix and would tab back in once in a while, but I don't understand why you would set up a macro but supposedly didn't use it.
  • We've answered this question before about how it's my "responsibility" to stop Nemo from using said exploits. This to me is a stupid reason as i don't control what someone else does. If they chose to do it then it's on them.
    • Regarding what you said about how it’s not your responsibility to stop Nemo from exploiting; I personally feel that instead of you letting him continue it would've been best for you to report what he was doing to a staff member. I understand he was talking to Puma the whole time about what he was doing, but the action needs to come from you since you proclaim you care for CC and what’s best for it.
  • There was a short video of you that I had watched where we could hear you talking to another player about how you found a bug/exploit with a spell and asked if he wanted you to DM him with information on how to do it. Yes; the spell has been removed, but that doesn't dismiss the fact you were trying to share that information with another player before it was. That’s like robbing a bank and then being released from jail the next day because the bank shut down.
  • Recently there have been a lot of personal attacks against Lou from your friend. I don’t know if you have had anything to do with them or not, but it must end. In regards to what happened in the past, leave that off of the server and handle it elsewhere; I will no longer tolerate this.

I personally do not think you should be unbanned at this moment due to the points I’ve stated above, but I will agree to having the ban be shortened to 2 weeks instead of a perma. You say you have good intentions and love the server so I hope to see more of that once your ban is lifted.

Afk Macro:
I'm not sure if you were listening at the time but in the voice call i clearly said while at my desk i used the macro to avoid having to tab in-game however if a staff member or player walked up to me then i would tab back in-game and respond to them. The only other time i've used an afk macro was on the old server where i afk'd for an entire night but when i came back on that day i had received a warn for afking.

Now about that spell "Plague", i was under the impression that most or at least some of the staff team were always aware of the bug with this spell from the old server when i used it. Well since you're not aware of what it was i'll explain it here the bug would allow the player to permanently make the victim slow. How you do this? The player would have to hit the player with a spell called Glacius then hit them will plague straight after. Currently on the server nobody would have Glacius for obvious reasons so i wouldn't have been able to test if that bug was fixed or not.

About this situation with Nemo and Lou, ye i've got no idea about their drama and i've said multiple times to Nemo that i want nothing to do with it since i hate getting involved with it. What's their drama about? I really don't know much apart from something that happened on other gmod servers which i think led to them hating each other but again haven't gotten involved and don't want to.

"You say you have good intentions and love the server so I hope to see more of that once your ban is lifted."
I would say that i've got good intentions to say that i don't would be completely false. If i had no intentions to help the server why would i send the exploits/bugs directly to Puma and Richard and i had even been sending them any bugs/exploits that i was aware of days before my ban which you can clearly see in the screenshots in the appeal.

"I personally do not think you should be unbanned at this moment due to the points I’ve stated above, but I will agree to having the ban be shortened to 2 weeks instead of a perma."
Sure a reduced ban is better than having a perm ban or a longer sentence but a 2 week ban for I'm going to have to assume "Afking" or not mentioning in-game about the bug with Plague. Also that video was recorded quite a while ago and while only now bring up that video it was never mentioned at all in the ban

Yeetacus

Management
CC Staff
Forum Admin
Manager
Community Supervisor
Ignore the fact I’m too lazy to quote shit on my phone

I don’t remember afking on the server ever being a permaban on any CC server.

In regards to what Sai said, “You’ve basically admitted to AFK macroing”, I’m pretty sure AFK is defined as being away from keyboard, whereas Vectivus was always at his keyboard, tabbed into gmod, watching Netflix on another monitor. There isn’t anything wrong with that.

Reading this thread, I’ve noticed that the main reason for the ban was for AFK macro that was used while Vectivus was *at his desk*. Compared to the afk macro, very little am I seeing anything on the exploit(s) that were used. Vectivus shouldn’t be banned at all, let alone punished aside from the most being a loss in XP, however, I don’t think he should lose XP either.

Sai - “ but if you really Loved the community, you would not have let some if ANY of these things to happen. But your reasoning for being a "bystander" is that and I quote "Oh I know my friend too well, I can't stop him".” You cannot tell me you wouldn’t avoid taking action if your friend was breaking the rules on the server or even giving them a reduced punishment. You’re telling him he should take action against his friends.

Sai - “My final point is on you saying "i've got over 100hrs on here it wouldn't make sense of me to just destroy the server", but that might as well say "I've got over 100hrs on here, but I didn't bother to try to get my friend to stop destroying the server". You had ample time to do things, but chose to do nothing.”
This entire bit here makes no sense. That’s like you telling me “I have been staff for years, why would I abuse my power” and then I translate that to “I’ve been staff for years, but I never tried to stop another staff from abusing their power” it seems like you just have it out for Vectivus

Toksik -“ I would just rather players don’t actively try to go looking for them and utilize them or share them with your friends.””
Personally, I wholeheartedly disagree with this. I think players should look for bugs within the server because it would make sense to have as many bugs fixed as possible.

Toksik - “Recently there have been a lot of personal attacks against Lou from your friend.” The bits about Nemo shouldn’t at all affect how Vectivus is punished

I think Vectivus should be unbanned. I see no issue with what he was doing l, especially considering he was was still at his desk and tabbed in game. I believe Sai was out of line with a permaban. Like I said before, the very most that should happen as far as punishment for the macro is a reduction in XP and a warning. As for the exploit, to my knowledge, Vectivus hasn’t abused any exploits aside from the glacius and plague spell a few years ago which he abused on me multiple times because we were friends. I’ve never seen it used in a setting where the exploit would give him an advantage over others. He shouldn’t receive anything for the exploit aside from a warning as he only shared the information and as stated earlier in other replies, Vectivus was just a bystander and should be treated as such. He shouldn’t have to have an obligation to report every rule broken he sees, that’s staff’s job, not the player, especially considering he had already done his part and reported the actual bug and exploit itself to both Puma and Richard

Didrik

Manager
CC Staff
Manager
Community Supervisor
I have read over all the evidence provided from all parts over the past week, and I'll be honest it's alot to go over. So I'll make this post as short as I possibly can.

Everything regarding the Nemo drama I have decided that Vecticus altough his friend, has nothing to do with, he has from what I saw and heard, said that he did not want to be apart of the drama, and decided to not take part in what Nemo did with player profiles, messeges etc. Also regarding the "exploiting" case that happened with Nemo, It's very confusing with lots of stuff from all of the sides, but from the evidence provided Vecticus has activly been providing Richard and PumaB with info about bugs and exploits, and was talking to Puma the night the ban happened. There is also no evidence that Vecticus did anything to harm the server and there's more evidence where he helps fix bugs than there is of him exploiting bugs/server, also if he had any bad intentions I don't see why he would inform Puma and Richard about theese bugs.

I would just rather players don’t actively try to go looking for them and utilize them or share them with your friends.
To this quote I agree somewhat, I agree and also think that players shouldn't be looking for stuff to exploit, but finding bugs and reporting it to staff or in #bug-reports I think is perfectly fine. So there's a line that has to be crossed for it to not be okay anymore, it has to do with common sense. Activly looking for bug & exploits to then report it in is amazing, thank you! But when people look for it to abuse said bug/exploit is where the line is crossed. Like the situation with Nemo and Lou where descriptions where changed to racist slurs and not very nice stuff for people to have in their descriptions. He did this just for personal satisfaction, due to some old irrelevant drama, I feel like I can't say this enough, take it somewhere else.

I have already explained multiple times that yes i found the exploits with Nemo but have never once used them. The ones that i new of were sent straight away to Richard and puma, I have spoken to Richard about the matter on how i should have sent the exploits to him in a better format. Taking about this "Crashing the server due to spawning lots of brooms" i was never on the server when this happened and what you've listed in this thread is essentially everything Nemo done with said exploits, Again i've never used them only sent them to Puma and Richard.
Being punished and permanently banned just because someone he worked with to find exploits abused them is in my opinion not his fault. His friend decided to air his dirty laundry(drama) and abuse what they had found. He can't stop the actions of his friend, and again we don't have any proof of vecticus activly abusing said exploits.

The mp3 file @Sai sendt me was at first a bit was hard to gather all the information due to Sai's microphone being muted, Nemo's mic sounded like its haunted and the length on the mp3 file. It also didnt help that the recording started a bit later than from where he initially wanted to record, the first part was also irrelevent due to it being some other addon Vecitus made ages ago that has nothing to do with Capital.

During the mp3 Nemo provided evidence of him messaging PumaB about the exploits and in the audio file. He also asks Sai if its okay that he is on looking for issues, and says that puma said if it was okay IF the staff was okay with it, only then would he not mind. Puma apperantly according to Nemo said it was up to the staff online, so Sai. At this point Nemo shouldnt have been on the server at all, and I'm not sure if you knew that he was on at the time @Sai but I feel as all this could have been avoided if you banned Nemo right then and there. From what I herd on the mp3 file at the end you knew who he was an that he was on due to him saying this while messing with the brooms that from what I heard later crashed the server
Sai do you know what I look like right now? Sai tp to me
. This again, from what I heard could've been avoided with a quick banish on Nemo, but I don't blame you due to Puma being Puma and making stuff complicated.

At first I wanted to get this ban appeal over with quickly and wanted to keep Vecticus's ban to 1 week, but after sometime it just grew bigger and bigger the more it was discussed. And after reading over the arguments for keeping him banned the only thing I can find is "suspicion for exploiting and breaking the server" and afk exploiting. The way the world works and should work is that noone should be prosecuted for a crime that we don't know they commited. It's been about 4 - 5 days since they where banned and I think this has been enough of a ban for suspicion for exploiting and using AFK Macros.

Therefore I've made the decision to unbanish Toxic River/Vecticus from Capital Community servers.

~ Didrik

Last edited:

Nick059

Community Supervisor
CC Staff
Forum Admin
Community Supervisor
Pog

Status
Not open for further replies.